[Rivet] HepData and Rivet growing apart

Christian Gutschow chris.g at cern.ch
Wed Aug 16 17:48:13 BST 2017

Hi,

I’ve mentioned this before, but one motivation for us to put a reference data file into Rivet, that is different from what HEPData would give us, is the lack of flexibility when it comes to the identifiers. The d01-x01-y01 type naming (of which x01 is actually just a dummy identifier that cannot be changed, as I had to learn the hard way…) is too restrictive when you want to put things like ratios into Rivet and be able to juggle them alongside numerators and denominators in Rivet. An additional field in the HEPData yaml input file that would allow us to specify a custom Rivet identifier (instead of the d01-x01-y01 bit) that is used when HEPData converts the data into the yoda format would be ace.

Further, new analyses don't seem to make it into hepdata even after half a
year or so (e.g. ATLAS_2017_I1509919).

I think you’ll find that the data from this analysis were put on HEPData around the same time as the Rivet routine was submitted, i.e. January 2017:

https://hepdata.net/record/ins1509919

If you know of any actual missing HEPData entries for ATLAS measurements that have a corresponding Rivet routine, please do let me know and I’m happy to follow up.

Cheers,
Chris