[Rivet] Patch for Rivet to automatically detect available FastJet plugins

cholm cholm at nbi.dk
Fri Apr 7 18:52:04 BST 2017

Hi David et al,

On 2017-04-07 11:04, David Grellscheid wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> thanks for the patch!

You're welcome.

> Are the changes to the libtool.m4 file necessary,
> or is it just a matter of your autoreconf installing a different
> version
> of libtool on top, which accidentally got picked up?

The changes to libtool.m4 are not important.  They came, as you said, as
a consequence of running autoreconf -i -f to include the changes in
configure.ac

Another thing, perhaps you should stipulate that one needs to set
PYTHONPATH to include <prefix>/lib/python<version>/site-packages if one
does not install in either /usr/local or ~/.local

Also, perhaps you should consider to build the docs  (Doxygen) as part
of the regular build.  In any case, you should change the line

   @$(DOXYGEN) $(top_srcdir)/Doxyfile || true

   @$(DOXYGEN) $(top_builddir)/Doxyfile || true

if one does out-of-source-directory builds (as I prefer to do - do not
sh*t where you eat kinda policy :-)

And finally, you should probably automatically detect if HepMC is of the
right version (i.e., 2.x), since HepMC 3 has changed a lot in the API.

Yours,

--
Christian Holm Christensen