[Rivet] Rivet 2.5.2 release imminent

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Tue Sep 20 21:32:24 BST 2016

Hi all,

Modulo Markus Seidel's suggestion that DressedLeptons should actually
apply a charged leptons requirement, we think we've done everything on
the Rivet 2.5.2 to-do list. David, is the Cython checking all done and
ready to go? Anyone got any other urgent blocker to-dos?

This release is going to be awesome: loads of useful new features
allowing very expressive application of cuts, particle/jet filtering,
etc. -- plus a *lot* of new analyses, and I even wrote a cut-flow object
to help the BSM people a bit more ;-) Just in time for the dev workshop,
too.

On the DressedLeptons thing: actually it currently requires neither
chargedness nor lepton-ness of the inputs. I think that's potentially
dangerous -- it's not unreasonable to pass a generic FinalState into
DressedLeptons and to expect only dressed charged leptons to come out...
even though that FinalState input arg is called "bareleptons".
So are we ok with applying an internal filtering to discard any
particles that aren't charged leptons from the list of objects to be
clustered with the photons?

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow