[Rivet] HepData consistency

Christian Gutschow chris.g at cern.ch
Tue Oct 4 22:56:23 BST 2016

As far as I’m aware — if it’s an actual erratum, then the HEPData tables will be fixed. If however — for example — a more precise luminosity calibration becomes available subsequently (which would only shifts the central values by the same amount), then usually a note is added to the description of the HEPData entry, but this change isn’t propagated through to the tables. The logic (coming from upstairs, mind you) being that the old values aren’t wrong per se, but rather reflect the most up-to-date (but still preliminary) calibration available at the time of publication.

Cheers,
Chris