[Rivet] Rivet analysis for a D0 W+jets publication

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Wed Nov 30 12:51:46 GMT 2016

Hi all,

I'm just going through my long backlog of "I should keep an eye on that"
email threads, and found this. There isn't any analysis matching this
name in the official collection, so I assume that nothing happened
off-list. Darren, can you provide some answers to Holger's questions so
we can get this integrated?

Thanks for supplying it, much appreciated!

Andy

On 22/07/16 13:28, Holger Schulz wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> sure no problem, I will need some help of yours, mainly as the analysis
> code is
> outdated as is the data format. Apart from that there are few things
> that require
> some explanation:
>
>     The tarball contains references to inspire 913084 whilst the paper
>     is inspire 1221252.
>
>     The data and plot come in two versions (I913084_MP and I913084_MP).
>
>     In the analysis code it says author Stefan Hoeche --- did he really
>     write that? If so
>     I can contact him with questions.
>
>     The corresponding .info file is missing.
>

> As soon as the above things are clarified we can rewrite the thing in
> Rivet2 format
> with yoda as data format.
>
> Thanks,
> Holger
>

> On 21/07/16 15:00, Darren Price wrote:
>> Dear allb>>
>> I'd like to get a Rivet analysis for the following D0 W+jets
>> measurement(s) part of the official package:
>> https://arxiv.org/abs/1302.6508
>> http://hepdata.cedar.ac.uk/view/ins1221252
>>
>> Would this be possible?
>> b>>  RivetWjets_ins1221252.tar.gz
>> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzZBAjUSfETIV2ZCczBPZDJoN3c/view?usp=drive_web>
>> b>>
>> I'm doing a bit of archeology here and have the attached Rivet
>> analysis code and associated materials, originally written by Stefan
>> Hoeche, which was used to produce the MC curves shown in the paper in
>> comparison to measurements.
>>
>> Is this in a state to be included as is? If not, would you be able to
>> let me know what additional details are needed?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Darren

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow