[Rivet] Agile Genser - broken links

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Tue May 10 11:02:23 BST 2016

Hi David,

The generators are whichever ones you want to use for your work -- for
example Pythia, Herwig, and Sherpa, the first two of those maybe coupled
with an external matrix element generator like MadGraph/aMC at NLO or
POWHEG-BOX for more complex processes than are built-in.

We provide the analysis tools, but the event generator is up to you. You
should find them easily online, with good installation instructions.
Some things that you need for Rivet interaction, such as the HepMC
library, have already been installed for you by our bootstrap script. If
you check their documentation you will also find that you can call Rivet
directly from these generators, which may be more convenient (and
faster!) than converting the events to a text stream and back again.

Andy