[Rivet] Genser installation twiki not working

David Bjergaard david.bjergaard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:02:00 GMT 2016

Hi Marcos,

Your errors are because the file no longer exists at that location on the
genser server. Someone will have to update the script to the new location if it
exists.

If you just want to use agile with a fortran generator (newer C++ generators
like Pythia 8, Sherpa and Herwig++ write to hepmc directly obviating the need
for agile) here's my notes from a few years ago:

> **** GENSER directory structure
> AGILe's ability to find installed generators is limited to those
> installed a la GENSER. Therefore, if you're going to roll your own
> compiled versions, you have to follow GENSER's conventions for
> organization. This is:
> $GEN_PATH/${GENERATOR_NAME}/${VERSION}/${LCG_TAG}

> On atl00x machines, the LCG_TAG is: =x86_64-slc5-gcc41-opt=
> $GEN_PATH is anywhere convenient, I've chosen
> =~/rivet/local/generators=
> **** Fortran Generators
> Before running the generators (in AGILe), you have to set:
> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
> export AGILE_GEN_PATH=~/rivet/local/generators
> #+END_EXAMPLE
> ***** Pythia 6
> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
> tar -xvf pythia6-426-src.tgz
> cd pythia6/426
> ./configure --prefix=${HOME}/rivet/local/generators/pythia6/426/x86_64-slc5-gcc41-opt
> make -j 4 && make install
> #+END_EXAMPLE
> Fortran Herwig is done in much the same way, but not covered here.

IIRC there's a flag you can set to make agile dump everything its doing, part of
this will show it scanning the directories to find a generator it can use, which
should help you figure out how to stricture the GENSER path to make the stuff
install correctly.

Cheers,

    David