[Rivet] Partonic top support?

Leif Lönnblad leif.lonnblad at thep.lu.se
Wed Jun 22 13:08:33 BST 2016

Sounds like we more or less agree.

I have a similar issue with the heavy-ion community. I would like to get
them on board the Rivet philosophy, but they insist on publishing
results as a function of very model-dependent quantities such as
'centrality' and 'number of participants'. Such things are available in
the heavy-ion extension of HepMC.

I think we should try to be be pedagogical here and allow them to
publish Rivet analyses, but point out very clearly that this is a
model-dependent measurement. Maybe by simply enforcing the histogram
names to include the word 'Model Dependent' or something like that.
Maybe we should also try to enforce that if they publish such
analysis/data, they must also publish the actual measurement from which
it is derived.

Rather than just saying no, I think this would be a good way of making
them see the light ;)

/Leif