[Rivet] YODA write out

Holger Schulz holger.schulz at durham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 20 16:56:07 GMT 2016

On 20/01/16 16:51, David Grellscheid wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> Is your question why the result of dividing two histos is a scatter rather than a histogram?
> It gets hard to define many of the properties that a histogram / bin should have after the division.

Sorry, I was unprecise.

Specifically, what people want to do (for observables that are defined
as ratios)
is to do some yodamerge stuff for the denominator and separately some
yodamerge
stuff for the numerator. For instance adding background and signal
contributions.
That requires output in the form of HISTO1D.

I.e. do we have/ can we add a switch which disables the divide call in
analyses and
instead writes out the histo1D guys of the numerator and the denominator
such
that one can do arbitrary histogram manipulation afterwards?

Cheers,
Holger