[Rivet] Rivet analysis for a D0 W+jets publication

Darren Price darren.price at cern.ch
Wed Dec 14 12:40:06 GMT 2016

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the prod!

Holger, thanks for your help -- answers to your questions (as best I
can) inline below:

On 30 November 2016 at 13:51, Andy Buckley <andy.buckley at cern.ch> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just going through my long backlog of "I should keep an eye on that"
> email threads, and found this. There isn't any analysis matching this name
> in the official collection, so I assume that nothing happened off-list.
> Darren, can you provide some answers to Holger's questions so we can get
> this integrated?
>
> Thanks for supplying it, much appreciated!
>
> Andy
>

> On 22/07/16 13:28, Holger Schulz wrote:
>>
>> Hi Darren,
>>
>> sure no problem, I will need some help of yours, mainly as the analysis
>> code is
>> outdated as is the data format. Apart from that there are few things
>> that require
>> some explanation:
>>
>>     The tarball contains references to inspire 913084 whilst the paper
>>     is inspire 1221252.

Ah ,this is because the W+jets measurements spanned two papers:
http://inspirehep.net/record/913084
and
http://inspirehep.net/record/1221252

The second does not supersede the first, rather adds additional
observables, so both are covered by this one rivet routine (I don't
know if this causes problems or not?)
The first paper covers integrated fiducial cross-sections in n-jets
bins, and differential distributions in the nth jet pT in W+njet
inclusive events.
The second paper adds a variety of additional distributions.

>>     The data and plot come in two versions (I913084_MP and I913084_MP).

The I913084 and I913084_MP are identical in content except that in the
former the measurement points from the first paper
http://inspirehep.net/record/913084 are zeroed out (? don't know why).
Assuming there is no issue with one Rivet analysis covering data from
the two papers (See above) then the second, I913084_MP, would be
appropriate to use.

>>     In the analysis code it says author Stefan Hoeche --- did he really
>>     write that? If so
>>     I can contact him with questions.

Yes he did: he was providing me with the Sherpa curves presented in
the paper, so I sent him the analysis selections etc and he coded it
up. This was in about 2011 or 2012 though so not sure how much he will
remember!
If there are questions about the analysis selection, observable
definitions etc perhaps I can help.

>>     The corresponding .info file is missing.

Sorry for my ignorance: what would normally go into this? Perhaps I
can reconstruct the necessary information for you?

Thanks,
Darren

>>> https://arxiv.org/abs/1302.6508