[Rivet] Update DELPHI b fragmentation

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Mon Aug 8 11:55:27 BST 2016

Copying in Graeme Watt from HepData,

Graeme, could we get
https://inspirehep.net/record/890503
transcribed into HepData, please?

I'm all for this update... not sure if it requires code changes as well
as data changes, though? If it's an easy update and becomes available on
HepData quickly then we can get it into the upcoming 2.5.1, but I
wouldn't delay the release for this: we have a lot of other analyses in
the pipeline, so an August/Sept 2.5.2 release seems likely.

Andy

On 08/08/16 10:32, Frank Siegert wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> I agree it would be neat to have this in Rivet, and the numbers are
> also given in Table 7, so shouldn't be too difficult to get into
> HepData, which would be the first step.
>
> Given that the results are basically consistent with the ones from
> ALEPH as shown in Fig. 13, and the ALEPH binning is quite a bit finer,
> and the ALEPH analysis is already available in Rivet
> (ALEPH_2001_S4656318) one could possibly also use that one instead
> until the DELPHI one is implemented.
>
> Cheers,
> Frank
>

> On 8 August 2016 at 11:18, Markus Seidel <markus.seidel at cern.ch> wrote:
>> Dear Rivet team,
>>
>> would it be possible to add the b-fragmentation paper from DELPHI?
>> https://inspirehep.net/record/890503
>>
>> I think it is just an update to DELPHI_2002_069_CONF_603, but the new
>> version agrees better with the predictions for low x_B^weak.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Markus

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow