[Rivet] Normalization issue in a Rivet STAR analysis?

Peter Skands peter.skands at monash.edu
Wed Oct 7 23:12:56 BST 2015

Hi Andy

Thanks for following up! Good point that I could actually start working with students on making/fixing RIVET analyses, like this one. I’ve had a few 3rd year students approach me about possible projects, so I could see if it could be proposed to any of them. Anton has a number of analyses and other updates that we would like to get onto MCPLOTS on his table, so I think he is quite busy for the time being?

By the way, do you still have plans to allow to call finalize() (or something equivalent) several times during the run, eg to permit run-time display of non-trivial histograms? At the moment, I also don’t think we are able to merge histograms from different subruns if they have non-trivial finalize() methods - is that right Anton? For all the linearly scaling ones, the MCPLOTS volunteers generate huge statistics, but when it comes to more complex analyses we are limited to single-run ones. Is that still true in the most recent RIVET versions?

Cheers,
Peter

--
Peter Skands