[Rivet] Thoughts on a Rivet 2.2.2 release?

Chris Pollard cpollard at cern.ch
Mon May 11 09:21:39 BST 2015

Hi Frank, all,

Chris, I just saw your reply to Leif in the other mail:

> > If I'm not mistaken, this is more or less what we've begun implementing;
> > think we have a ~working implementation for 1D histograms. We have not
> > expanded this to other types yet.
>
> Can you iterate a bit on which work has started on this re-entrant
> histogramming? I pinged Andy about it a few months ago when I realized
> that it doesn't even have to be that interruptive because the basic
> book keeping of analysis objects already exists. I would be interested
> to hear which direction you are taking now. If you want, we could also
> have a chat about it on Skype/Vidyo/...

Sorry: I didn't respond very clearly to Leif's email. The mechanism for
storing temporary histograms that deal with the NLO counter events has been
started. So far there are no (significant) changes to finalize() to deal
with multiple runs.

In any case, a skype chat might be nice to re-kickstart this effort a bit.
I'm not certain I understand your statement about non-interruptive book
keeping.

Chris