[Rivet] Thoughts on a Rivet 2.2.2 release?

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at cern.ch
Mon May 4 15:11:35 BST 2015

Hi Andy,

> Another thing on my to-do list is Frank's suggestion about making
> --assume-normalized the default behaviour of yodamerge. I think we need
> to discuss that properly: there is a tension between practicality and
> principle in the heuristics we use, which can only be properly fixed by
> storing the pre-finalize data objects and re-running finalize on the
> merged end-of-loop histos. But let's have the discussion... maybe we can
> make a decision in the next ~week in time for 2.2.2?

Already at the end of the ~week time frame, sorry...
So what is the principle due to which the current heuristics default
is better? If we can't agree on a good default then we could just get
rid of the heuristics completely and let the user specify whether the
input yoda files come from identical runs with different random seeds
or whether they are from different processes which should be added.

Cheers,
Frank