[Rivet] account request for LHC ALICE experiment.

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Tue Jun 9 22:06:25 BST 2015

Hi Constantin,

That should be possible. Can you send that request to
admin at hepforge.org, please? (David and Holger, the sysadmins, are on
this Rivet list, but will be more likely to notice an email to the
"proper" admin address.)

Andy

On 09/06/15 13:25, Constantin Loizides wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> ok so we (ALICE) do the same.
>
> Can then my hepforge account
> uid=1470(loizides) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),4067(tglaubermc)
>
> be used? Ie make it member of Rivet?
>
> Thanks,
> Constantin
>
> On 06/09/2015 02:23 PM, Chris Pollard wrote:
>> Hi Constantin,
>>
>> CMS and ATLAS have rivet contacts with hepforge accounts.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Constantin Loizides <cloizides at lbl.gov
>> <mailto:cloizides at lbl.gov>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Andy,
>>     do you happen to know how CMS and ATLAS deal with the
>>     "personalization"?
>>     Thanks,
>>     Constantin
>>

>>     On 06/09/2015 02:17 PM, Andy Buckley wrote:
>>
>>         Hi Ernesto,
>>
>>         You should request an account from HepForge, using this form:
>>         https://www.hepforge.org/regform
>>         Make sure to give the reason! I am not sure if the HepForge
>> account
>>         needs to be a member of the rivet project to be able to submit
>> analysis
>>         tarballs into the contrib area, but the HepForge
>> administrators should
>>         know. Note that I don't think they will approve a
>> non-person-specific
>>         "alice" account -- the person (or people) who will be the
>> ALICE Rivet
>>         contact should request personal accounts.
>>
>>         Andy
>>

>>         On 09/06/15 07:57, Ernesto Lopez Torres wrote:
>>
>>             Dear Rivet manager,
>>
>>             We would like to submit some Rivet analysis from LHC ALICE
>> experiment in a centralize way. So, we would like to request you an
>>             account for ALICE.
>>
>>             Best Regards
>>             Ernesto Lopez Torres on behalf of ALICE publication
>> committee.

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow