[Rivet] Z boson mass taken from ZFinder is pre-FSR or post-FSR

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at cern.ch
Tue Jun 9 12:02:27 BST 2015

Hi Yu-hsiang,

the ZFinder object will (by default) use "dressed" leptons, which
means that photon radiation within a cone of dR=0.1 is included. This
is a generator independent and less QED-FSR-dependent definition,
which is neither pre-FSR (often called "Born" level leptons) nor
post-FSR (often called "bare" leptons). It does sum parts of the FSR
but not all of it (namely not the wide angle emissions). If you want
to use "bare" leptons for your comparison you would have to set dR=0.0
in the ZFinder constructor.

If on the other hand you are writing a Rivet plugin for an actual
experimental measurement the question is what is the truth level to
which your analysis has been unfolded ("dressed", "Born" or "bare")?

Cheers,
Frank