[Rivet] Rivet plugin ALICE_2014_I1300380

Enrico Fragiacomo enrico.fragiacomo at ts.infn.it
Thu Jul 2 15:03:45 BST 2015

When we calculate the efficiency correction, we do the following in the MC:

- we generate a number N_genMC of Sigma(1385);
- the daughter particles (Lambda's and pions) are fed to GEANT3 which
simulates the response of the detector (including losses due to
inefficiencies, acceptance, ...);
- simulated data are analyzed as real data (including applying kinetic
cuts to daughter and grand-daughter particles);
- at the end, we count the number N_recMC of reconstructed Sigma(1385).

The correction factor to be used with real data is N_genMC /N_recMC.
This is done for every pT-interval.

So, the final yields are corrected for the kinetic cuts on the daughter
particles and can be directly compared (for 0.7<pT<6.0 GeV/c) to a model
without kinetic cuts.

Regards,
Enrico

--