[Rivet] Thoughts on a Rivet 2.2.2 release?

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Mon Apr 27 16:06:22 BST 2015

Hi all,

We released Rivet 2.2.1 just over a month ago, but since then a few
issues have arisen, such as the technical one with the Boost
assign_list_of's C++11 incompatibility.

My current list of minor to-do's has this on it:

* Write out xsec & sum of weights at end of run (as a Counter, or what?)
[ENHANCEMENT]
* Include new submitted analyses
* Removing assign_list_of
* norm -> scale in MC_JETS
* Improve MC_H* ZFinder abuse with more appropriate mass target etc.
* MC_JETS fix "pseudorapidity" label for phi plots

Any other immediate tasks? The cross-section one should be quite easy
and hopefully useful for e.g. MadGraph and Alpgen histo merging. The
others are just minor maintenance. If there's no objection to an
imminent update release for these minor things, I'll start working
through this list.

Another thing on my to-do list is Frank's suggestion about making
--assume-normalized the default behaviour of yodamerge. I think we need
to discuss that properly: there is a tension between practicality and
principle in the heuristics we use, which can only be properly fixed by
storing the pre-finalize data objects and re-running finalize on the
merged end-of-loop histos. But let's have the discussion... maybe we can
make a decision in the next ~week in time for 2.2.2?

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow