[Rivet] rivet-mkhtml on standard SLC installations

Dominic Hirschbuehl dhirsch at mail.cern.ch
Thu Nov 20 09:12:35 GMT 2014

Dear Rivet developers,

since we are trying to extend the usage of Rivet in ATLAS we starting to
hit more and more frequently the problems with running rivet-mkhtml on a
standard SLC6 installation like lxplus oder Centos6.
Here are two typical errors:

dvips: ! Couldn't find header file: tex.pro

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt
/afs/cern.ch/sw/XML/texlive/latest/bin/i386-linux/mktexfmt: line 401:
/texconfig/tcfmgr: No such file or directory
fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!

It seems that you are using a much newer latex version or require
fetaures, which are not present on lxplus. This starts really to be a
"showstopper" or at least creates additional mail overhead and headaches
to get the newest latex on a standalone PC.

Is there a possibility to provide at least a lxplus compatible version?

Thanks in advance
  Dominic

|                     Dr. Dominic Hirschbuehl                           |
 \   Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal - Exp. Elementarteilchenphysik   /
 /  hirsch at physik.uni-wuppertal.de / dominic.hirschbuehl at cern.ch       \
|       office : D.09.22    phone  : 0049 - 202 - 439 - 3751           |