[Rivet] CMS dressed top question

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Wed Nov 12 12:50:42 GMT 2014

You should do whatever is the appropriate MC analysis strategy for CMS
W/top/b-jet reco. That sounds like a reasonable approach to me, but of
course there are (imperfect) ways to distinguish single- and
double-tagged b-jets -- jet shapes, subjets, maybe pflow tricks -- and
it's presumably analysis-specific whether they are being used.

This is why it's so valuable to get the people who did the analysis
involved in implementing the Rivet analysis -- typically only they will
know exactly what is appropriate for their analysis. (Helped by people
who know the Rivet technicalities and who appreciate the sorts of issues
involved in making robust and model-independent MC analyses I mentioned
in my last email.)

Andy