[Rivet] ATLAS analyses: ATLAS_2012_I1203852 and ATLAS_2013_I1190187

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Mon May 26 16:35:09 BST 2014

Hi Kiran, Oldrich, Katerina,

Thanks for these analyses. I have done a bit of code and info file
tidying but without changes to the behaviour. Here is the updated form
in the Rivet repository:

https://rivet.hepforge.org/trac/browser/src/Analyses/ATLAS_2012_I1124167.cc

I saw one bit of code in the 2013 analysis which is a bit odd:

// e/mu overlap removal
if (l1.constituentLepton().pid() == PID::MUON)
isolated_lepton.push_back(l1); //keep mu

All the other overlap comparisons, including those immediately above
this in the code, are using Particle::abspid() [note: buggy in 2.1.1,
will be fixed in 2.1.2!] or abs(Particle::pdgId()) or similar. Is this
one *really* meant to just test for muons and not antimuons, or should I
change it to use abspid()?

Thanks again,
Andy

PS. Please remember the Rivet inRange, sqr, and cmpBy* functions: many
things that don't need to be rewritten, and which can help to make your
code more readable and maintainable. There are also now functions like
sortByPt(vector_of_jets_or_particles) and any(vec, function) & all(vec,
function) routines will appear in the next release. Check the
Rivet/Tools/Utils.hh, Rivet/Math/MathUtils.hh, Rivet/Math/Vector4.hh and
Rivet/ParticleBase.hh headers for lots of such useful things.

On 22/05/14 12:52, Kiran Joshi wrote:
> Dear Rivet developers,
>
> Please find attached two ATLAS analyses for inclusion in the next Rivet
> release:
>
> ATLAS_2012_I1203852 - Measurement of the ZZ(*) production cross section
> at 7 TeV
> http://arxiv.org/abs/1211.6096
>
> ATLAS_2013_I1190187 - Measurement of the W+W- production cross section
> at 7 TeV
> http://arxiv.org/abs/1211.6096
>
> Both are Rivet 2.1.1 compatible and produce results consistent with the
> published measurements.
>
> Thanks,
> Kiran

Dr Andy Buckley, Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow / PH Dept, CERN