[Rivet] AIDA branch closed (gzip next...)

James Monk jmonk at cern.ch
Thu May 22 15:57:51 BST 2014

hmm, well actually there’s an argument that HepMC files should be gzipped as a matter of course - it increases performance, decreases disk usage, and there’s no reason they shouldn’t be.  In that more optimal scenario, it’s a bit weird that Rivet would need files piping through gunzip in order to read them, in just the same way that asking a user to set LD_PRELOAD would be a slightly more convoluted workflow than they’d anticipate.

cheers,

James