[Rivet] rivet2 installation on Mac Mavericks

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Thu May 8 16:47:50 BST 2014

Hi Hannes,

I realised that my script is not quite complete enough for Macs, and
have added a couple of extra printouts. Can you try running the newly
attached one as before, and send the output file?

That import error says the Python module has compiled expecting some
symbol which is then not found at load time. There are two possible
reasons for that: a) the libRivet.so/dylib library is not being found in
your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH (but I *think* you would get a worse error from
that), or b) the Python module compilation accidentally picked up the
Rivet1 headers and hence expected old versions of some functions to
still exist. Is the latter a possibility? And is libRivet located in
your jung/cvs/rivet2/lib directory?

By the way, I notice from the sysdebug output that you have a private
installation of g++ in your home directory. It's probably not binary
compatible with clang++ so be careful! Fortunately it looks like your
Python and clang installations are compatible, so you probably don't
need to worry about that CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS workaround.