[Rivet] Quantify the "agreemnet" with Rivet

Holger Schulz hschulz at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 12 14:33:05 GMT 2014

On 12/03/14 14:15, Liron Barak wrote:
> Dear Rivet experts,
>
> I do some MC studies and I use Rivet all the time to compare the
> different MC options with the data, thanks for the nice tool!
> I mainly look on the ratio (to the data) and see the agreement... I
> wonder if Rivet can also give me back some kind of number? A way to
> quantify what is the closest to data not by eye.....
>
> Many thanks
> Liron

Hi Liron,

you could use the built-in feature of make-plots to calculate a GoF measure
and display it in the Legend.

In order to make this appear, add

GofLegend=1

in the PLOT section of the input files for make-plots.

On the command line you could do this e.g. by running this command:

for i in *dat;do sed -i "s/Legend=1/Legend=1\nGofLegend=1/g" $i;done

Hope that helps,
Holger