[Rivet] Rivet 2.1.1 setup

Joakim Sjunnebo joakim.alexander.sjunnebo at cern.ch
Thu Jun 26 15:15:53 BST 2014

Dear Rivet developers,

I'm working with a Rivet analysis and have so far been
using Rivet 1.8.2, however, I need to be able to make 2D histograms, so
I need to start using Rivet 2.x.y. I have been struggling with how to
set up the Rivet environment correctly. What I have been doing is (on slc5):

source setupRivet.sh
source setupRel.sh
rivet-buildplugin myAnalysis.cc
athena RunRivet_jobOptions.py

This worked fine for 1.8.2, but if I in setupRivet.sh just change Rivet
version to 2.1.1, an error is generated in the rivet-buildplugin step,
where it basically states that it can't find Rivet/RivetAIDA.hh and
Rivet/Projections/LeptonClusters.hh. If I change the LCGTAG to
x86_64-slc6-gcc46-opt and run on slc6, setupRivet.sh produces an error
since it then can't find the path to professor or agile. I'm quite new
with this, but I haven't found the answer to this anywhere on the web or
in the documentation. Do you know how I can set up the Rivet environment
to make this work?

Regards,
Joakim