[Rivet] Rivet status update

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Tue Jan 28 17:22:11 GMT 2014

Fantastic David, thanks!

I've done some of the YODA fixing that I promised to Caterina a week or
two back, so I think that is also now in a suitable state for a 1.0.5
release (although no working Histo/Profile2D persistence or bin-anything
Axis objects just yet).

Here's what I think is left before a 2.1.0 release, as well a quick
Genser compilation check and maybe some more running over the H++ test
event set:

* all happy with the new yaml-cpp bundling / no option for an external
yaml-cpp? Is the cmake steering safe and compatible even on weirdo
pre-Mavericks Macs?
* check/fix the JADE/OPAL integration boundaries as advised by Christoph
Pahl
* remove IsolationProjection and IsolationTools
* check the broken (?) D0 W charge asymmetry. I saw no asymm from the
H++ validation events when we did the Rivet 1->2 validation.
* include the 3 bugfixes Peter made on the AIDA branch: DONE?
* HeavyHadrons problem?
* 2 x new ATLAS and CMS analyses? For 2.1.1?
* migrate the remaining 3 analyses from 1.9.0 which require non-trivial
histo code conversion: for 2.1.1

Thanks for your efforts, everyone: rapid progress and particularly nice
to move forward productively after the recent fisticuffs ;-)

Andy

On 28/01/14 16:57, David Grellscheid wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To summarize the current status:
>
> * All branches build fine again, checked on OS X and Linux.
>
> * The release-2-0 branch will become 2.1 after cleanup of the debris
> from yesterday and today and some more testing.
>
> * I've merged the cuts branch into trunk, for use in 2.2 or later. I've
> verified that the cuts changes have not changed results in Herwig's LEP
> tests.
>
> Phew.
>
>   David

Dr Andy Buckley, Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow / PH Dept, CERN