[Rivet] yaml-cpp bundling and immediate Rivet 2.1.0 release?

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at cern.ch
Tue Jan 28 12:04:30 GMT 2014

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the YAML bundling. This brings with it 3 interesting questions:

1. Why don't we do something similar for all kinds of dependencies? We
wouldn't necessarily have to bundle their tarball, but just "wget" it
during the build? It sounds a bit unneat, but why do it for yaml, and
not the others?

2. (Along the lines mentioned by James before) Our dependency on cmake
is now explicit. Are we / Should we be thinking about moving the build
system to cmake completely?

3. Should we remove YAML from the bootstrap script now? I guess not,
since a "proper" installation and --with-yaml_cpp=... is still the
better solution, right?

As for 2.1.0, I still have a few bugfixes in analyses against nan's,
since YODA (as opposed to AIDA) is now aborting when it encounters
nan's/inf's. I want to commit those as soon as my trunk compiles again
-- I'm currently looking at /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lyaml-cpp.

Cheers,
Frank