[Rivet] installation

Frank Krauss frank.krauss at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 27 10:17:50 GMT 2014

Hi Andy,
well, that's great.  I found out about the dependencies the hard way,
but I still did not manage to produce an installation.  And since you
guys appear to claim zero time of developer time it has about zero
usability at the moment for anyone who cannot rely on it being already
installed on lxplus.  I guess however that Rivet was also meant for the
wider MC community, including theorists not sitting at CERN.  For those
it is pretty much useless, and, the way I see it, because the developers
mainly aimed at proving how smart they are rather than at having
something useful.  So, up to now, you just showed me that you guys do
not give a toss about this part of the community.  Good to know.  I
sincerely hope this attitude of producing monumental software for the
nerds is not the new trend in HEP computing.

Needless to say: It is fantastic that Frank S produces an installation
script now - well done!

Best wishes
       Frank