[Rivet] Rivet tracker clean-up, etc. before 2.1.0 release

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at cern.ch
Wed Feb 5 09:16:24 GMT 2014

Hi Andy,

I actually didn't get your original mail because I was kicked off the
list again due to bounces (this still happens to me regularly), but
just saw in the archives that you asked:

> Frank, I've merged some extra changes into the bootstrap scripts, to move the autotools building into the dev mode only. When we release 2.0.1 do you want to remove mention of yaml-cpp completely, or just set INSTALL_YAMLCPP=0 by default?

I would do the latter, and remove it at some later point, just to make
it possible for users to install 2.0.0 at all.

One more point about the "getting started" for new users: would you
mind replacing the URL of the "Get Rivet" link on the homepage such
that it points to the GettingStarted wiki page? I think currently it
might be a bit misleading for users to be transferred directly to the
download page.

Cheers,
Frank