[Rivet] ATLAS ttbar+jets analysis

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Mon Aug 11 17:43:21 BST 2014

Just tested the analysis on 10k Pythia8 ttbar events. Ran fine, and
looks compatible with the validation that you supplied.

Can you please add Title attributes to the histograms?

Some of them are also set to have XMax attributes which are larger than
the maximum bin, which looks strange: it's fine for histo (1,1,1) with
max edge at 8.5 but the same rule is applied to (1,{2,3,4},1) have max
bin edges at 7.5, 6.5 and 5.5 respectively. It will plot fine without
the XMax attribute, so was there a reason to force the same max in all
cases even though the binning changes?

Andy

On 11/08/14 17:28, Andy Buckley wrote:
> Hi Alexander, all,
>
> Thanks. I had to fix some syntax errors in the .info file, however, in
> order for it to parse and allow running. Did you ever actually test with
> this .info?
>
> As requested, can you change the name of the analysis to the standard
> format and update the .info file. As well as the typo (the second
> reference is accidentally parsed as a map key due to a space after
> "arXiv:"), there are some obvious errors like the ToDo key still being
> present, the analysis being marked as UNVALIDATED, and I think what is
> listed as SpiresID should actually be InspireID (and the analysis should
> be named accordingly with an S or an I according to whether the number
> is SPIRES or Inspire: the latter is now strongly preferred.) There might
> be more...
>
> Thanks again -- once you get me these updated metadata files I will
> merge this into version control for the next version of Rivet.
>
> Andy
>

> On 11/08/14 14:25, Alexander Grohsjean wrote:
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> please find the files attached.
>> Looks like they were lost in all the emails.
>> The analysis is on arXiv, so public.
>>
>> Thanks again for all the work.
>> Cheers, Alexander.
>>

>> Am 11.08.2014 um 15:16 schrieb Andy Buckley:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've added the FromElectroweakDecay to the release branch for Rivet
>>> 2.2.0 with the name PromptFinalState. I had to make a few tweaks to it,
>>> since e.g. the compare method wasn't accounting for the "accept tau
>>> decays" flag and there were some possible generator-specific ways for
>>> the classification logic to go wrong... but basically it went in without
>>> problems. Thanks!
>>>
>>> I've modified the ATLAS_ttjets analysis code to fit with our coding
>>> standards etc., make use of a few more Rivet code convenience features
>>> and the sortByPt function, and to use the new ghost b-tagging that I
>>> wrote last week. I've attached a copy of that for your information.
>>>
>>> I don't think I messed anything up, but it needs to be tested to be
>>> certain. I didn't find a .info, .plot, or .yoda reference file in the
>>> tarball and will need at least the last of these to do some testing.
>>> Finally, is this analysis allowed to go public yet? If so, it will need
>>> the name to be changed to the standard scheme ATLAS_2013_Ixxxxxx scheme
>>> -- I can do that for the .cc file if you're otherwise happy with it, but
>>> would appreciate if you can supply the .info and .plot in the final form.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andy

Dr Andy Buckley, Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow / PH Dept, CERN