[Rivet] changing legend for plots

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Mon Apr 28 20:11:01 BST 2014

On 26/04/14 14:57, Hannes Jung wrote:
> Dear Rivet developers
>
> I am trying to change the Legend in Rivet plots (still using aida files).
> Using CustomLegend in the plot file only adds an additional legend,
> but I would like to overwrite what is plotted for the data points,
> especially changing from "CMS" to "CMS preliminary".
> Where can I do this ?

Hi Hannes,

The best way would be to avoid rivet-mkhtml (which is just for
convenience) and use compare-histos and make-plots instead. If you use
compare-histos with the same args as you'd use on rivet-mkhtml it will
generate a set of .dat files. You can then edit these as you wish (e.g.
maybe use sed -e 's/CMS/CMS Preliminary/' -i *.dat to replace all the
CMS labels at once) and finally use make-plots *.dat to render the final
plots.

Dr Andy Buckley, Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow / PH Dept, CERN