[Rivet] aida2yoda, yoda2root, root2yoda scripts?

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Tue Sep 17 10:27:19 BST 2013

Hi Lars (and now including the Rivet list -- again, please use that as
the contact point rather than just me),

The aida2root script is installed as a standard part of YODA. Conversion
functions to and from ROOT format are built in to the YODA library but
aren't compiled by default into the Python module since that introduces
a linker dependency on ROOT. We will add these scripts to be installed
optionally if YODA is compiled with full ROOT support... but we're
currently _very_ short on manpower so I suspect that they won't be
present in the YODA version that is released alongside Rivet 2.0.0. If
there are CMS people who would be interested in being involved in core
Rivet development then we would be very happy to hear from them.

There are up to date tutorial slides for Rivet 2 on the main Rivet
documentation web page, if you want to use those. I would also be happy
to give a CMS tutorial some time if that would be of interest... but
let's do it when Rivet 2 is finally released. I might get a chance to do
the final missing piece this week... I hope!

On 17/09/13 09:42, Lars Sonnenschein wrote:
> Hello Andy,
> next week I give a Rivet tutorial at CMS.
> I will certainly get questions about the availability of the scripts:
>
> aida2yoda, yoda2root, root2yoda
>
> (in particular the first one would be needed in the transition phase to
> Rivet >= 2.0.0. The other ones are of general interest)
>
> I have not been able to find any information about it.
> Can you please tell me if these scripts are availabel and where I can
> find them or if it is forseen to have them and when we might expect them
> to be available?
>
> Kind regards
>
>       Lars
>
> ______________________________________
> Dr. rer. nat. habil. Lars Sonnenschein
> ______________________________________
> Home Institution:
> RWTH Aachen
> III. Phys. Inst. A, 26A204
> Physikzentrum
> 52056 Aachen
> Germany
> CERN:
> PH/UCM, 32/2C-07
> CH-1211 Geneve 23
> Switzerland
> Tel.:+41(22)767-9875
> FNAL:
> D0, PK151
> Mailstop #352
> Fermilab, P.O.Box 500
> Batavia, IL 60510-500
> USA
> Tel.: +1(630)840-8740

Dr Andy Buckley, Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow / PH Dept, CERN