[Rivet] CMS RIVET analyses

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Sun Nov 24 20:13:19 GMT 2013

Hi all,

A couple more (minor) questions about this analysis:

* In the comments it's stated that the Z and W will be selected with pT
> 125 GeV, but in the code the cut is placed at 120 GeV: which is correct?

* In the W+jet case, the back-to-back requirement was trying to use two
constituent charged leptons: there should only be one and I'd have
expected the code to segfault when it tried to access the second. And
the back-to-back requirements were being applied the wrong way around
anyway: I've fixed all these things, but how was the analysis validated?

Since there was a request to know what CMS analyses are just about to
appear in the next Rivet version, I thought I'd also point out that we
have three "preliminary" CMS analyses in the code which it would be
great to upgrade to their published equivalents:

if ENABLE_PRELIMINARY
RivetCMSAnalyses_la_SOURCES += \
    CMS_QCD_10_024.cc \
    CMS_2012_PAS_FWD_11_003.cc \
    CMS_2012_PAS_QCD_11_010.cc
endif

Any chance that you could get these ones to us (or if they are already
fine other than the name and ref data, let us know the Inspire IDs).

Thanks again,
Andy