[Rivet] running rivet on the grid (via lxplus)

Adi Ashkenazi adi.ashkenazi at cern.ch
Thu Nov 21 15:11:25 GMT 2013

Dear experts,

First of all, let me start with a big thank you for the very informative and
useful tutorial

(and for dealing with all the vidyo problems :)

I'm currently running my own analysis on pool.root files produced with
generate_trf.py

When running locally, I get the results on aida file and can plot them with
no problem.

But, when running the same code on the grid:

All of my job run successfully, and in the log files I can see that the
analysis ran over all the events,

But the all of the output .aida files are empty.

Do you have a guess for my problem?

An example for such output is here:
<http://panda.cern.ch/server/pandamon/query?dataset=user.adi.MC12_8TeV.Pythi
a8170_AU2_CT10_QCD_Q2_onlyQCDsub_PartonLevel_J5.d20112013.h1530/&compsite=AN
ALY_BNL_LONG>
user.adi.MC12_8TeV.Pythia8170_AU2_CT10_QCD_Q2_onlyQCDsub_PartonLevel_J5.d201
12013.h1530/

Thank you in advance,

adi