[Rivet] compile error and patch: OSX 10.6.8 or more std C++ compiler

David Grellscheid david.grellscheid at durham.ac.uk
Tue Nov 5 10:14:56 GMT 2013

Hi Andy,

> Our tools are always evolving, but we're quite firm about not
> implementing "unsafe" (i.e. generator-dependent) features...

I'm not sure that's a sufficient statement. The lack of safety does not
come just from being generator dependent. That features are
generator-dependent also usually means that they are not physically
realized in QM. And sadly, even getting MC agreement won't change Nature.

I'm really skeptical about all these "make my life simpler" requests.

  David