[Rivet] HepMC, cmake and our bootstrap script

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at cern.ch
Thu Mar 14 13:41:25 GMT 2013

Hi guys,

I'm coming back to this, since recently (r4100) Andy has updated the
HepMC version in the bootstrap script to 2.06.08. Unfortunately,
that's a version (as Hendrik noted) which doesn't have ./configure
anymore, so our rivet-bootstrap fails right there.

This was also noticed by the CPC librarian who tried to install Rivet
using the bootstrap script. As a stop-gap-measure I have now reverted
the HepMC version in the bootstrap script back to 2.06.06, while we
figure out how to deal with newer versions of HepMC. I hope I didn't
miss any crucial change between 2.06.06 and 2.06.08.

As for the future: from Hendrik's comment I understand that the
existence of cmake would be an acceptable dependency? In that case the
bootstrap script will need a little bit of rewriting. I can do that if
there are no objections.

Cheers,
Frank