[Rivet] LHC analysis database

Peter Richardson peter.richardson at durham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 20 09:30:13 BST 2013

Hi Leif,

   So I think its going to be less of an issue than I originally feared.
There are a lot of BSM people who spend a lot of time talking and do
nothing other than make work for other people and make me wish I could
have made the first session of Les Houches. However talking to the people
who have done something i.e. Andy Weiler and Ben Fuks, afterwards I think
they are more open to collaboration. They have done a lot of work,
particularly Weiler, which in his case is based on Rivet anyway, and if
we can get that into Rivet in some form it would be a good thing. They
are much more open to working together to come up with a good solution and are
reasonable people who I think the Rivet people could work with. To me the
main issues are technical related to storing their efficiency maps etc as
the data isn't corrected and things of that nature. They seem open to
collaboration with the Rivet developers to discuss things and come up with
a workable solution. So I would propose that as a first step we arrange a
phone/video meeting to discuss things with them and see how it goes

Peter