[Rivet] Rivet/MCplot - getting into some ALICE analyses...

Antonin Maire amaire at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Apr 15 15:58:24 BST 2013

Hello Peter (all),

     I come back to you ... with some delay.

I am glad to read some positive feedback from your side, meaning my
intentions may not be on a wrong track.

For Xi and Omega in pp (ALICE, PLB, http://arxiv.org/abs/1202.2816), I
should let you know that I have finally submitted the data points to
HEPdata.
They should appear in the official data base in the coming days.
Once available, I can send you the final link, if you wish.

About time scales, Marc Barra started his bachelor project today in
Heidelberg.
So, the first time scale will be the end of this, in early August or so.
Hopefully, within this time span, we may provide at least the Rivetised
analyses :
- the d²N/dptdy of Xi-, Xi+, Omega- and Omega+ in pp 7 TeV,
- the d²sigma/dptdy of inclusive J/psi in pp 7 TeV.
In practice, I will have to see how it goes along the way and how far
Marc and I can go.

After the project, on my side, Rivet activities are something I would
like to pursue.
Here, I must be realistic and mention it will strongly depend on my work
load and how busy I am wit other topics in ALICE.
But I really think there is a strong potential for past and coming ALICE
results with :
         - identified particles : pi,K,p + K0s, K(892), phi(1020),
Lambda, Sigma(1385), Xi, Xi(1530), Omega, + D0, D+, D*, Ds, J/psi, etc.
         - and studies like : pT spectra, azimuthal correlations, <pT>,
production as function of charged particle multiplicity

Note, as for J/psi, I am also in touch with Sarah Porteboeuf
(Sarah.Porteboeuf at clermont.in2p3.fr, from the ALICE group, in
Clermont-Ferrand, France).
She is also interested in the use of Rivet for some J/psi analyses.

Cheers,
     Antonin