[Rivet] auxiliary scripts in several generators.

Pere Mato Vila Pere.Mato at cern.ch
Mon Apr 8 22:06:47 BST 2013

Hi David,

  I understand that nothing will be done. So I will not insist but you are in my opinion wrong.  The fact is that many packages (more than 100) are being re-installed at various locations (shared files systems, CVMFS, etc.) in particular  for the LHC Grid,  making these "config'" scripts useless.  Aiming for relocatable packages is not violating any GNU-style commandment and it can be done. Indeed the GNU community is  providing a module to support relocation (see http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/Supporting-Relocation.html#Supporting-Relocation).
  Cheers,

			Pere