[Rivet] YODA + Rivet2 beta testing installation on lxplus

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Fri Apr 5 18:57:00 BST 2013

Hi David,

Thus spake David Grellscheid (david.grellscheid at durham.ac.uk):

> >Any other reasons not to release these (and Rivet 1.8.3) in the next
> >few days?
>
> Did you and Hendrik already go through the diffs from the automated
> comparison with Hw++ data?

I went through the files and realized that lots of the diffs come from a
broken yoda2flat in your setup. I've fixed that and also introduced a
diff that supports a bit leeway for numerical differences, and that
makes the differences *much* smaller than they first appear. There are
still several analyses that need to be fixed, but most (maybe all?) of
them already have TODO-comments in them. Not a show stopper for a beta
if we mention it in the release notes, but definitely something that
needs to be taken care of before a real release.

Cheers,

    Hendrik

--
If your dreams don't scare you, then you are not dreaming big enough.