[Rivet] Scaling histograms

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 19:54:56 BST 2012

Does the --multiply flag to rivet-rescale do what you want? (see
rivet-rescale --help)

If that's not what you need, then probably it's best to access the
histograms programmatically via the "lighthisto" Python module, with
something like

import lighthisto
histodict = lighthisto.Histo.fromAIDA("mydata.aida")

To get interface info for lighthisto, call the following at a Python prompt:

>>> import lighthisto
>>> help(lighthisto)

The major objects are the Histo and Bin, for which you can get info with

>>> help(lighthisto.Histo)
>>> help(lighthisto.Bin)

An example usage relevant for you would be

for b in xrange(myhisto.numBins()):
    #print myhisto.getBin(b).val
    myhisto.getBin(b).val *= 0.67

Hope that helps,