[Rivet] Displacing histograms

James Monk jmonk at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 15:26:17 GMT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm implementing a Rivet analysis in which the final plots involve taking the ratio of two temporary histograms, before shifting the whole lot down by the average multiplicity for the run.  I can obviously go through point-by-point on the scatter plot and shift each one down (and in principle deal with the additional statistical error on the multiplicity, which will be very small), but I was wondering if anyone knows of a more elegant way of doing that.  It's a bit of an unusual case, so I'm not surprised there's no method to do that.

cheers,

James