[Rivet] make-plots on SL (lxplus ...)

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Sun Nov 25 23:05:41 GMT 2012

On 25/11/12 23:22, Hendrik Hoeth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> last week I learned that the make-plots .png output is broken on lxplus
> (and other identical SL installations). Of course nobody cared enough to
> tell us ...
>
> Anyway. I've played with it, and leaving convert's "-flatten" option
> out, it works fine for me. Does anybody know why we use "-flatten"? If
> not, I'd delete that option.

Go for it. The only reason I can think of (unless someone was making
animated PDFs) was that we thought, or at one time it was the case, that
convert would treat each vector in a PDF as a separate layer to be
flattened. If that's not the case (and from private use of convert
foo.{pndf,png} without -flatten I can attest that it's not) then I can
think of no reason to use it :)

Thanks for digging!

Dr Andy Buckley, SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.