[Rivet] query alpgen

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Tue Jun 5 22:44:19 BST 2012

On 05/06/12 18:23, BIBHUPRASAD MAHAKUD wrote:
> dear sir
>
> I have pythia version 8.1 .That is a C++ version.
> Then what should I do to install and work with alpgen?
> Kindly give the detail steps and web site address so that I can
> install and use it.
> Looking forward to your reply

This isn't an at all Rivet-specific question... however, to save you
asking the authors of either Alpgen or Pythia, the answer is that at
present Alpgen cannot be used with Pythia8. The closest you can get is
either to use MadGraph+Pythia8 with CKKW-L matching. or Alpgen+PYTHIA6
with MLM matching.

Best wishes,

Dr Andy Buckley, SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.