[Rivet] Fwd: Rivet on MAC

David Grellscheid david.grellscheid at durham.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 09:40:35 GMT 2012

Hi Andy,

> If clang has become the default compiler on Macs,

I just checked. It's not. LLVM is the default *backend* now, but with
the usual gcc frontend. Unless you explicitly select clang as CC and
CXX, you'll get the gcc parsing behaviour, no more or less strict than
before.

Looking at the log files, Juergen must have either built Rivet from
inside the XCode IDE, or explicitly chosen CXX=/Developer/usr/bin/clang.

/Developer is definitely not on the usual $PATH.

So, I wouldn't bother with this any more. I'll try to get 1.7.0 built on
the test machine here next. Will let you know!

   David