[Rivet] agile patch for patch

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Sun Sep 4 01:12:27 BST 2011

On 25/08/11 00:45, Anton Karneyeu wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I find a bug in the patch for RG:Seed and RG:NumEvents parameters.
> Currently, running agile-runmc (1.3.0) with steering file with RG:Seed
> parameter leads to python TypeError error. The patch is just implicit
> cast to int of RNGSEED:
>

> https://svnweb.cern.ch/trac/GENSER/browser/GENSER3/pkgsrc/MCGenerators/agile/trunk/patches/patch-aa?rev=7503
>

> Could you please take a look?

Hi Anton,

Thanks for the report. I've fixed this, but actually by putting the
explicit int() constructor around the line which takes the param from
the param file map, a couple of lines above where you added your cast:

       RNGSEED = int(PARAMS["RG:Seed"])

This will make it into the next release -- timescale so far unplanned.
You have your own patched version working, I guess, or do you need a
release?

Thanks,

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.