[Rivet] make-plots problems

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 14:16:00 GMT 2011

Are any other LaTeX commands found, e.g. latex, dvips, ps2pdf, ps2eps?
kpsewhich should be a standard component of a LaTeX installation, and
without LaTeX make-plots *certainly* won't work!

Because of this, there's currently no workaround for the kpsewhich
requirement other than to write out in the TeX file format and compile
the plots on another machine.. That's because we've never encountered a
case where kpsewhich was missing but the rest of the required packages
are fine. I'll add some explicit tests to the next Rivet release, but
all that they will do is to add a more readable error message.

On 08/03/11 13:57, Judith Katzy wrote:

> indeed,  kpsewhich is not found.
> can this be bypassed?
>
> On 8 Mar 2011, at 14:50, Andy Buckley wrote:
>
>> On 08/03/11 13:36, Judith Katzy wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> when I try to run make-plots using the rivet installation at cern but
>>> calling from naf, I get the attached error.
>>> any idea how to fix this?
>>
>> It's not a helpful error but looks to me like your NAF machine doesn't
>> have kpsewhich installed: can you check that with a "which kpsewhich"?
>>
>> Andy
>>
>> --
>> Dr Andy Buckley
>> SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
>> Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.