[Rivet] Rivet 1.5.1, mcplots, and everything

Peter Skands peter.skands at cern.ch
Wed Jun 1 08:51:59 BST 2011

Hi Hendrik,

THe energy scaling is exactly why we wanted the OPAL analysis. But including the
91 GeV point allowed me to cross check with the ALEPH higher-stats analyses,
which at least contributed to my own spotting of this problem. That is exactly
why we like to have several (redundant, if you will) analyses at each energy.
The user can then decide him/herself which plot to trust the most. Of course, in
some extreme cases, we would throw out a completely useless plot in favour of
better ones, but there *is* certainly a physics point to validating an analysis
by cross-comparisons in one phase-space region and then trusting it more in the
remaining ones.

Peter