[Rivet] Setting bin edges in rivet

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Mon Jan 24 17:27:27 GMT 2011

Hi Steve,

Thus spake Stephen (sbieniek at hep.ucl.ac.uk):

> I'm trying to right an analysis but do not have the data reference
> histograms yet. How do I manually set the bin edges of my histograms,
> thus when I do have the data in a comparable format I'll be able to do
> so directly.

Have a look at include/Rivet/Analysis.hh. One option is to use

  bookHistogram1D(const string& hname, size_t nbins, double lower, double upper);

The other option is

  bookHistogram1D(const string& hname, const vector<double>& binedges);

For developing the analysis probably any binning is fine, and as soon as
you have the data you can switch to the automatic booking.

Cheers,

   Hendrik

--
It pays to be obvious, especially if you have
a reputation for subtlety.    -- Isaac Asimov