[Rivet] Minor analysis changes

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Tue Jan 4 18:54:28 GMT 2011

On 04/01/11 15:14, Gavin Hesketh wrote:
> Hi Frank,
> yes, exactly. You process individual samples with different # partons in
> the final state all the way through pythia, rivet. Then (manually)
> weight them to the same lumi and add together. So, (Z+j)/(Z) comes from
>
> a.(Z+j)1 + b.(Z+j)2 +...
> ------------------------
> a.(Z)1   + b.(Z)2 + ....
>
> where a,b are the lumi weights, (XX)1, 2 are from the samples with
> different partons. If all you have is [(Z+j)/(Z)] for each of these
> parton samples, I haven't figured out a way to do this...

Rather than explicitly create new histograms that aren't in the paper:
we could have Rivet write out the total cross section (without cuts) at
the end of the run. You could then extract that from the log file if we
make the printout format fully predictable. Would that help?

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.